Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Best Gift of 2009

A lot happened in 2009. We say that every year, but it's true. So much happens.

Last Christmas, I was pregnant and planning and anticipating my due date a little over a month away. This Christmas was our daughter's first. She played more with the wrapping paper than the gifts.

As I look to the coming year, there is much to look forward to. My fiance is working with a company who plans to launch a new product of which he'll have a percentage of ownership. I'm looking forward to experiencing Portland Spring, and with it the visit of my grandmother and mom, and perhaps even my mother-in-law to be too.

It is going to be a year full of new. Ella will walk. Begin saying more words and comprehending life's complexities at her alarmingly fast rate. Then she will run...and near the beginning of August we'll move back home, once again sharing our little girl with the rest of our families.

August is always a special time for one reason: Harrisville. A family tradition since I was 14. I don't think I've ever looked forward to the trip more than this summer because Ella will be there. She'll be sitting on Daddy's shoulders as he wades in Lake Huron. Joining us 'round the campfire and the ice-cream shop. Ella makes everything more fun.


I don't have any supreme goals for 2010. Just to keep trucking on, learning about myself and "getting better." As special of a year as it will be, 2009 will always have a special place in my heart - the year when life's greatest gift was given: Ella Rose Walker was born.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie, you have the gift of writing and being very insightful.You made me cry, of happiness. I miss all of you so much. It warms my heart that my precious son and his beautiful daughter have such a wonderful person as you to take care of them. I'm proud to have you as a daughter-in-law. You all have your prioritys in in the right place.

    I'll probably see you in the middle of March.

    ReplyDelete